The 27th Annual General Body Meeting of the Samajam was held on July 17, 2011 at the Kerala Samajam School premises from 4.00 pm onwards.
The meeting was presided over by the President of the Samajam, Sri. TV Venugopal, and the following items on the Agenda were discussed.
The President welcomed the members and their families and briefed them about the performance of the Samajam. He thanked all the members for their whole-hearted co-operation and requested their continued involvement in the years to come to make the activities of the Samajam a success.
The Annual Report for the operations of the Samajam for the year 2010-2011 had already been circulated among the members by e-mail or post, and the same, along with the accounts for the year 2010-2011, was accepted unanimously by the members.
ELECTION OF OFFICE BEARERS FOR THE YEAR 2011-2012
The President, Sri. TV Venugopal, informed the body that no nominations had been received for any of the executive posts.
In the absence of any nominations, the General Body nominated the following members unanimously to the various posts for the year 2011-12.
1. SRI TV VENUGOPAL (PRESIDENT)
2. SRI TV MUKUNDAN (VICE-PRESIDENT)
3. SRI RAMDAS R. WARRIER (SECRETARY)
4. SRI TV RAMDASAN (JT.SECRETARY)
5. SRI DILIP ATTOOR (TREASURER)
6. SRI AJITH KUMAR G (ASST.TREASURER)
1. SRI KU WARRIER
2. SRI PK RAMACHANDRA WARRIER
3. SRI B ASHOK KUMAR
4. SRI AV RAMDAS
5. SRI MV UNNIKRISHNAN
6. SRI MV ASHOKAN
7. SRI K KRISHNADAS
8. SRI P SREEKUMAR
9. SRI TV JAYASHANKAR
Sri. K.K. WARRIER
Sri. C. SARATCHANDRAN
Sri. A.B. CHANDRAN.
Smt. SAVITHRI WARRIER – Chairperson.
Smt. LATHA ASHOK – Convenor.
Smt. SREELATHA CHANDRAN-Advisor.
Smt. VILASINI MAHESH
Smt. MINI DILIP
Smt. RATHI VENUGOPAL
The meeting was attended by about 40 members and their families and the following decisions were taken by the General Body.
1. The General Body appointed M/s. M.R. Ramachandra Warrier and Co., as the auditors for the financial year 2011-2012.
2. It was decided that at least 10 members would be inducted as Life Members during the year.
3. Those members who have become Life Members much earlier by paying Rs.500/- are requested to voluntarily pay another Rs.500/- to bring all Life Membership fees at par.
4. This year’s Onam Celebrations are tentatively fixed for September 25th 2011.
5. It has been decided to follow-up all e-mail and postal communications with an SMS to motivate greater participation by the members.
6. This year, the Samajam was faced with the strange situation of there being no applications received for the Merit Awards. The AGM passed a resolution to the effect that the Awards would not be disbursed this year, and the contributions towards the same would be treated as donations.
7. The first Committee Meeting of the Executive Committee for the year 2011-2012 will be held at the residence of Sri TV Venugopal, on Sunday 24th July 2011, at 11:30 am.
The President, Sri TV Venugopal, proposed the Vote of Thanks.
The AGM was followed by tea and snacks.
Note: In the current scenario of global warming, continuously depleting natural resources and cost-cutting, our Samajam, too, cannot afford to lag behind. As our contribution to protecting the environment and cutting costs, we are now sending communications by e-mail only to as many members as possible. We thank you all for your whole-hearted approval of this step. Those of you who have not yet furnished their e-mail IDs are kindly requested to do so by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Kindly also include your updated Mobile Numbers and addresses if there is any change in them, so that we can ensure that all communication channels are open and functional.
Thanking you and With Warm Regards
Ramdas R. Warrier